Mobility requires preparation. Our job is to simplify your life thanks to special agreements specifically negotiated for mobile researchers and their families (Subscribe here):

  • Personalized assistance: Please contact your EURAXESS Services Centre, in the city where you are going to stay.
  • Health insurance, Supplementary health insurance, Comprehensive housing insurance, Death and disability insurance, Civil liability, school and after school activities.
  • Banking: Opening a bank account.
  • French as a Foreign Language (FLE): Agreement with the Alliance Française and the Entrefilet Editions (Bien-Dire Magazine).
  • Accomodation: Agreements with 4 Appart-Hotel type residences, for temporary accomodation.

Finding a Research Team

Who better than you can find the suitable research team? Here are a few helpful links to find a research group in France:

Finding financial support

All public research institutions and agencies such as INRIA, INRA, INSERM and CNES can, like the CNRS, finance or co-finance doctoral theses. For more information, visit their respective websites.

Programmes for joint research projects exist between France and some fourty countries. The French national agency for the promotion of higher education, international student services and international mobility oversees the exchange programmes called Hubert Curien Partnerships (PHC).Their goal is to promote excellence in scientific and technical cooperation between French and international laboratories.

You will find on the official CampusFrance website all Calls for applications and additional information about the programmes on the website France Diplomatie.

  • The iEDU association provides a search engine for all types of funding available to students and postdoctoral researchers from all sources, including funding from the various French regional councils.
    To search for funding by French region, click on financement selon la région française de destination (in French only).
  • Research in Paris Program
    Since 2003, the City of Paris has offered a selective programme to attract researchers from abroad – postdoctoral and confirmed researchers – to public-sector research laboratories located within inner Paris for a fixed period. Check the’Research in Paris’ Programme (in English).
  • Blaise Pascal Chairs (Paris Ile-de-France)

Several specialized sources can help you identify research jobs and research scholarships for your stay in France:

Finding an accomodation


  • For your visa application: French Embassies and Consulates abroad
  • For other formalities, such as entrance and stay, social security, etc., please contact your EURAXESS Services Centre or Local Contact Pointand et refer to the page legal expertise of this site.
  • For the accomodation issue, you will find practical information in the guide published by the French Euraxess network working group on accomodation, downloadable here: Housing Guide. We are grateful to the Agence Départementale d’Information sur le Logement du Bas-Rhin (ADIL 67) for its final proofreading.
    – For any question related to your accomodation, please contact your Euraxess Services Centre in the first instance.